Hi, I’m Kat (though my family calls me Katie…)
I love to read, especially anything suspenseful or scary but I also love a good YA novel, contemporary fiction, or anything you would have found in a grade school library in the 80’s. I’m a sucker for dark academia, locked room thrillers, domestic suspense, dystopian/epidemic, and anything with alternating POVs or timelines.
When I’m not reading (well, even when I am reading), I enjoy cats and coffee.
A few facts about me:
- I like animals more than people
- I make the world’s best sugar cookies
- I love green olives
- My favorite books of all time are White Oleander and Station Eleven, with Matilda by Roald Dahl a very close second
- My favorite authors are: Emily St. John Mandel, Jennifer McMahon, Riley Sager, Janet Fitch, and Roald Dahl
- I’m terrified (like T E R R I F I E D) of moths
- I love coffee AND tea but if I HAD to pick one, it would be strong, extra creamy coffee with a splash of sweetener
- The shows I have on repeat are Friends and CSI
- I was bitten by a squirrel a few years ago and have since amassed a small collection of squirrel items because people think it’s hilarious to gift them to me
- I’m a Virgo Sun/Aries Rising/Cap Moon, enneagram 9 (still figuring out my wing), and basically this all conspires to make me hella nosey