💫 BOOK REVIEW 💫
by Ashley Winstead
I read this as a buddy read with my mom. At first, it was slowgoing because I was reading at her pace. She would text me, “I finished chapters 5 and 6!” and I would text her, “I’m caught up!” Then, 55% into the book, she texted me, “I finished it.” And I really think that sums up IMDIHAK perfectly. You just CANNOT STOP reading this book!
What I Liked:
- Both my mom and I had total shock when the killer was revealed.
- The secrets and twists and suspicion never really stops. You think you have your suspect and then you read the next chapter and you think it’s someone else and so on and so on.
- It’s SMART. I don’t want to give anything away but the way seemingly insignificant details come back to tie together is just *chef’s kiss*. I even got goosebumps at one point.
- It’s a story about murder and secrets, yes… but it’s also about friendship and ambition and families and honesty and love.
- Coop. The amount of heart-eyed emojis my mom and I texted each other about Coop… here is a spoiler-free excerpt of our texts towards the beginning of our read:
What I Didn’t Like:
- The title is long to type. That’s it, y’all. It’s a really, REALLY good book!
I rarely give thrillers 5 starts. Though it’s my favorite genre, one of my very specific requirements for a book to be 5 stars in my eyes is that I would reread it in the future and most thrillers, once you know who the killer is, are not something you’d want to reread. But IMDIHAK absolutely is! I look forward to reading this again, knowing all of the secrets and intricacies and seeing what I missed the first time around.
Have you read this? What did you think? Were you all [heart eyes] over Coop??