by Jennifer Moffett
For Christmas, my best friend/roommate/platonic life partner and I decided to only buy each other ONE gift: a book we think the other one would like. This was her pick for me – she knows I’m a SUCKER for cult fiction.
What I Liked:
- I really was sucked in almost immediately. The format has chunks of a publication interview at the beginning of each section and it’s a great way to pique interest without giving anything away.
- The chapters were short and it was easy to read.
- It’s well written in that I absolutely understood how Emily fell for everything, for that feeling of belonging, of being part of something.
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’s long; by the end, I didn’t feel like it needed 400 pages.
- It felt a bit anti-clamactic. I thought the story was building and building and then… the end.
Have you read this? Do you have any other cult fiction recommendations?