by Abigail Dean
Funny story about this one! I saw it on some list or other and added it to my TBR. Later that SAME DAY, my mom sent me a Kindle book on Amazon… Girl A! Was she psychic?! Turns out, she was not. It was an entirely different book with the same title. [LOL] So, alas, I had to wait for this one from the library.
What I Liked:
- he chapters are broken up into short, easy to digest sections so you can pause easily.
- It alternates time frames from the past to the present, which I am a sucker for!
- The sections describing the past and how the abuse escalates are horrible, yes, but they are fascinating.
- It’s well-written; I didn’t realize how invested I was until well into the book when suddenly, I was crying. The relationships between the siblings are fascinating and heart-wrenching.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The chapters are long. Like LONG. Like a hundred pages long.
- The present storyline of the kids inheriting the house is a bit dull in comparison to the sections about the past.
Have you read this? What did you think?