by Elle Cosimano
I’m going to be completely honest… I had no interest in the Finlay Donovan books. I’d seen the hype all over Booksta but I am generally not a fan of humor with my suspense. But I realllllly wanted to join an IG book club who were reading Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead and I had enough on an Amazon gift card to buy both for Kindle… so I sighed and bought them.
Verdict? I admit it, Bookstagram… YOU WERE RIGHT. What a fun, crazy ride!
What I Liked:
- I was promised it was a quick, easy, fun read and it is absolutely all of those!
- It’s clever and it’s quirky and it’s LOL funny.
- Even when it got outlandish (which it does in the best way), it always felt relatable. This, in particular, is what I liked best about Elle Cosimano’s writing and what has me looking forward to Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead!
- Julian. I mean… enough said.
What I Didn’t Like:
- There’s really not much I didn’t like. The only thing I will say is that I had a hard time getting into it in the first couple of chapters simply because I don’t usually enjoy a combo of humor + suspense. This is absolutely not the author’s fault; this is just me. So, if you’re like me, push through it. It will get there for you, I can almost guarantee it!
I know many of you have read this… Team Julian or Team Nick?