by Fredrik Backman
My first 5 star read of 2022! And what a read it was. 5 starts is not enough for this sweet, gentle, sad, heartwarming story.
This was my first-ever audiobook and I picked a GREAT one. I’ve read a lot recently about how the narrator can make or break an audiobook and George Newburn’s reading is beautiful; I was completely entranced by the combination of the words and his voice.
What I Liked:
- I know “everything” feels like a cop out but truly, I loved everything. I felt everything.
- I love grandpas/old men. My grandpa was my best friend in the world. Even though Ove is nothing like my mischevious, little-boy-charm gramps, this still tugged on my heart strings just that extra bit.
- In the audiobook, George Newburn does a great job of differentiating the characters as they’re speaking.
- EVERYTHING. Seriously, this is a perfect book/story.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Absolutely nothing. This book is perfect from start to finish.
Have you read this or others by Fredrik Bachman?