I’m actually somewhat anti-New Years Resolutions. I get the point but, realistically, who actually keeps these? I did a fairly good job in 2014 – I wanted to bake and read more and I definitely did a lot of both. This year, though, I’m choosing to FOCUS on certain things. So rather than watching so much TV or napping (I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m still gonna nap. I basically live for naps. But maybe just less/shorter naps.), I want to focus my time and energy on some other things.
- Health. I was recently diagnosed as diabetic, and I really haven’t been doing very well on the things my Diabetes Educator has suggested. I’m doing a lot better than I was prior to the diagnosis, but that’s not good enough. I want/need to focus on my carbs, monitoring my blood sugar, getting in daily activity, drinking more water, eating more veggies, and definitely kicking my potato chip habit.
- Writing. Journaling, blogging, brainstorming, ANYTHING. JUST WRITE.
- School. Pick a major, sort out the financial aid, and just ENROLL ALREADY.
- Cats. Don’t adopt anymore, for starters. I need to play with them more, get them more beds/places to hide out, find ways to get them more window seating, get them on a feeding schedule/diet, and start brushing Indy’s teeth (per vets’ orders).
- Reading. I’ve done a great job the last quarter of this year. In the last 3-4 months I’ve read 10 books and I’m currently reading 2 others that I expect to finish by next week. I’d love to keep this up. Being in a Book Club will help this, but I want to keep reading books on the side of that. (So, any great book suggestions? Let me know in comments!)
I also want to find a hobby, but I’m at a loss of where to start. I need something to do with my hands – maybe knit or crochet? I just feel like so much of my time is spent doing something unproductive. I want to DO something or CREATE something or BE something. I don’t even know, which is why this is yet to be a true focus.